- The 12-2 Seattle Seahawks continued on their winning way with a belting of the New York Giants in New Jersey, 23 – 0. The Seahawks have now won 6 games on the road, and are one of a handful of teams with a genuine chance of taking out the Superbowl. Eli MANNING had a nightmare day, getting intercepted 5 times.
- Finally showing some mettle that would’ve been appreciated earlier in the season, the Minnesota Vikings outscored the red-hot Philadelphia Eagles 48 – 30 in Minneapolis. Halting a five game winning streak of the Eagles, it was a QB show for both teams, with Matt CASSEL throwing for 382 yds and Nick FOLES for 428 yds – and 5 touchdowns combined.
- At Oakland, the Kansas City Chiefs sounded out a warning to the competition, smashing the Oakland Raiders 56 – 31. In a huge turnaround from last year, the Chiefs have assured themselves a playoff berth, due largely to the incredible efforts of RB Jamaal CHARLES, who amassed 215 yds gained and an incredible 5 touchdowns.
- In Dallas the Green Bay Packers equaled the biggest ever franchise comeback against the Cowboys, storming home from 23 pts down at halftime to eventually win in another high scoring affair, 37 – 36. Stand-in QB Matt FLYNN got the job done for the Packers, throwing for 299 yds and 4 touchdowns on the day.
- The 10-4 New Orleans Saints stumbled in St Louis against the Rams, eventually losing the ball game 27 – 16 in an upset. Saints QB Drew BREES was his usual productive self throwing for 393 yards and 1 touchdown, however he had to recover from a rusty start, throwing two interceptions of the Saints opening two possessions.
1. Jamaal CHARLES – Running Back, Kansas City Chiefs
In not just the game of the week but the game of the season, Chiefs #1 RB Jamaal Charles produced a performance for the ages, running for 20 yards and receiving for 195 yards and ending up with an incredible 5 touchdowns for the game, including 4 in the first half. In fantasy terms, CHARLES was unstoppable too – his 51.50 pts attest to that. WOW.