- The undefeated Kansas City Chiefs took on the now struggling Cleveland Browns in a match that was not as one-sided as many thought it might be. With replacement QB Jason CAMPBELL at the helm the Browns took it right up to their top-of-the-table rivals, but in the end the Chiefs
were too good, winning 23 to 17. In good news for the Browns, WR Josh GORDON bounced back with a very nice 132 receiving yards.
- In perhaps the match of the round, the 4-4 Dallas Cowboys played the 5-3 Detroit Lions, and in the end one player made all the difference – Lions number 1 receiver Calvin JOHNSON. JOHNSON put on an absolute show, receiving for 329 yds in a herculean effort that enabled his team to come back from a 7 – 13 deficit after ¾ time and take out the victory, scoring the winning touchdown with only 12 seconds of play remaining to win 31 – 30.
- The New York Giants got their season rolling in the right direction with their second win of the year (and second in a row), defeating the besieged Philadelphia Eagles 15 – 7. Eli MANNING led the way completing 25 of 39 passes for the Giants, while the return of Eagles QB Michael VICK was shortlived after he was subbed in the second quarter after having little impact.
- In another of this seasons scoring fests, the Cincinnati Bengals took their tally to 6 -2 with a huge 49 – 9 victory over the New York Jets. The Bengals are one of the form teams of the competition, winning the last 4 in a row, and they are being ably led by their QB Andy DALTON. In career best form, DALTON threw 5 TD passes, completing 19 of 30 for 325 yds in a dominant display. Could the Bengals go all the way?
- Of course, when it comes to high scoring the Denver Broncos are always around, and again this week they smashed out the touchdowns in a 45 to 21 victory over the Washington Redskins. Despite being down 21 to 14 as the final quarter began, the Broncos went berserk in the last term, with star QB Peyton MANNING once again showing the way, connecting on 30 of 44 pass attempts for 354yds and 4 TDs. Wow.
PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
1. Calvin JOHNSON - Wide Receiver, Detroit Lions
When it comes to wide receivers, they don’t come much better than Calvin JOHNSON and this week he showed everyone just how good he really is. The number 1 ranked WR had a huge game, receiving 14 of 16 passes for 329 yards and scoring 1 touchdown – amassing an unbelievable 36.9 fantasy points! Only 7 yards short of the NFL record for receiving yards, JOHNSON was on fire and was a delight to watch.