- Thursday night football kicked us off with the Washington Redskins travelling to Minnesota to tackle the lowly Vikings. Someone forgot to tell the Vikings the script, as they came out and caused the upset, winning 34 to 27. Largely on the back of RB Adrian PETERSON with 2 TDs. Despite being up 27 – 14 in the third and with QB RGIII back in form, the Redskins couldn’t close it out.
- In Tennessee the Titans faced an equally easy matchup on paper, against the winless Jacksonville Jaguars. However it was the Jags who prevailed for their first win, forcing 4 turnovers in their 29 – 27 victory. To make matters worse for the Titans, QB Jake LOCKER is gone for the
- The St Louis Rams took on the Indianapolis Colts in Indy, winning their fourth game for the
season in a belting, 38 – 8. The Rams were on fire, none more so than WR Tavon AUSTIN, who caught 2 TD passes and return a punt 98 yds for another in the massacre. Colts TD Andrew LUCK tried, completing 29 of 47 attempts for 353 yds, but was intercepted three times on the day.
- In a dour struggle in San Francisco, the 49ers slumped to a loss against the Carolina Panthers, 10 – 9. The Panthers have now won 5 in a row, and sit 6-3 for the season. It was their defensive effort that got them the win, keeping the 49ers scoreless in the second half and reducing QB Colin KAEPERNICKs output to just 91 yds and 0 TDs.
- The New Orleans Saints continued on their merry way at home, smashing the Dallas
Cowboys 49 – 17. Again it was QB Drew BREES who led the way, connecting on 34 of 41 for 392yds and 4 TDs in an almost perfect game. Not be outdone, RB Mark INGRAM joined in on the act with 14 carries for 145 yds and 1 TD. A nice day at the office for the Sainters.
PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
1. Demaryius THOMAS - Wide Receiver, Denver Broncos
Ranked 3rd in WR’s for season 2013, THOMAS had another day out feasting on everything QB Peyton MANNING can throw his way, catching 7 passes for 108 yds and 3 touchdowns. Just another standard day out for THOMAS, who totaled another 28.80 fantasy pts.
Whilst it hasn’t been a stellar season for RGIII, this was one of his better weeks despite his team enduring another loss. GRIFFIN threw 3 touchdowns from 281 yds passing, and added another 44 yds rushing in an impressive day, which netted him 27.64 pts.
3. Tavon AUSTIN - Wide Receiver, St Louis Rams
What a day for AUSTIN. Not only did his team win big but he had a ripper game, catching for two touchdowns as well as returning a punt 98 yds for a third. In only 66% of leagues, his score of 26.2 pts would’ve certainly brought a smile to his owners faces.
PLAYERS TO WATCH
Firstly to last week’s nominees, and the curse hit Mike JAMES, as he not only scored 4.1 pts, but
broke his ankle and is out for the year. In better news, JENNINGS scored 10.70 pts, while KEENUM was out top pick, with another 19.34 pts to add to his growing tally.
1. Ryan FITZPATRICK - Quarterback, Tennessee Titans
With regular QB Jake LOCKER out for the season, FITZPATRICK suddenly becomes a nice option. Coming in last week he managed 264 yds passing and threw two touchdowns, as well a rushing a touchdown himself. That led to 23.86 pts, and as he is owned in only 1% of leagues, he could be a real find.
2. Rishard MATTHEWS - Wide Receiver, Miami Dolphins
Recommended with a touch of caution, MATTHEWS starred in an otherwise disappointing day for the Dolphins, catching 11 passes for 120 yds, and 2 touchdowns. That effort led to him amassing 24 fantasy pts, and if he fires again this week definitely put him on your radar.
3. John CARLSON - Tight End, Minnesota Vikings
Benefitting from the injury to regular TE Kyle RUDOLPH, CARLSON managed 15.8 pts this week on the back of 7 passes for 98 yds, and 1 touchdown. Snared in only 1.7% of leagues, CARLSON is certainly a bye-week proposition, especially with RUDOLPH out for another couple of weeks.
That’s the wrap for week ten. Any concerns or questions, feel free to let it rip – that’s what we’re here for.