- Starting with the first game of the round on Thursday night, the surprising Cleveland Browns kept their impressive start rolling with their third win in a row, defeating the Buffalo Bills at home and under the national spotlight – AND after losing their rising quarterback in the first quarter. The Browns are now equal divisional leaders with Cincinnati and Baltimore.
- The imposing New Orleans Saints also continued on their winning way, with quarterback Drew BREES almost faultless in completing 29 of 35 passes as they won 26 – 18 over the Chicago Bears. Tight end Jimmy GRAHAM continues to dominate his position, having his 4th consecutive game of over 100 yards.
- Cincinnati Bengals got back on track 13 – 6 against an extremely disappointing New England Patriot team that could only manage 6 points for the game – and yes folks, golden boy Tom BRADY was playing but just couldn’t get the job done
- The once daunting New York Giants have fallen to their fifth straight loss for the year, remaining winless against the Philadelphia Eagles after failing 21 – 36. Sports-mad New York won’t put up with that type of performance for long – watch out for the changes to come thick and fast!
- The all-conquering Denver Broncos and the Dallas Cowboys staged one of the greatest offensive games in NFL history, with the Broncos eventually reigning victorious with an incredible scoreline of 51 – 48. The second highest scoring game in regulation since 1970 had everything – and ironically it was a defensive play (an interception) that kept the Broncos winning streak alive.
- In the final game of the round, the struggling New York Jets caused a boilover, defeating the much-favoured Atlanta Falcons 30 – 28 to get their season back on track.
PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
1. Tony ROMO – Quarterback, Dallas Cowboys
Not too much trouble picking this one. ROMO even outshone his direct opponent Peyton MANNING (who is on fire incidentally), throwing for a total of 506 yards and five touchdowns, with only 1 interception for the day. This herculean effort led to ROMO scoring an amazing 40.94 fantasy pts – far exceeding his previous best this season of 20.4 pts. Despite throwing the interception that led to Denver winning the game, ROMO was easily the player of the week.