What a week to bring us into finals too - it was a week as big as ever! Dave scored 2340, the Sarge a massive 2604 and myself a lazy 2595. How'd you fare? And did you make the top eight?
5. Jordan Lewis 66, Matt Suckling 44 - Even thought the Hawks comeback was exilerating and unreal, these boys missed the party. Not good enough from supposed 'premiums'.
4. Jimmy Bartel 73 - Bartel had a quiet match against one of his favourite opponents, and overall 2012 (Average of 99) has been pretty underwhelming by his standards.
3. Scott Thompson 78 - Another 70 from the Brownlow favourite! You won't get a medal with that form.
2. Michael Hurley 55 - Soft tissue injury history, best defender week in, week out, inconsistent and inexperienced - not a good SC option.
1. Port Adelaide - Another disappointing result, but considering their most popular player is Jarrad Redden it's unlikely anyone was harmed too badly. Matty Primus is the biggest loser here.
5. Darren Jolly 168 - Jolly is no stranger to the big scores, and against Ben McEvoy this effort was up there with his best. A unique finals option.
4. Ivan Maric 149 - Lock him in for All-Australian. A few injury worries and quiet matches, but Maric is here to stay as an elite ruckman.
3. Matthew Pavlich 179 - Supa-Pav is back! What a star of our game he really is, might be considered up there with the best in the game if he played in Victoria.
2. Jon Giles 177 - For those with perseverance in Giles (or lack of trades to off-load him), a massive 177 was the result. Thanks Jonny!
1. Tom Hawkins 147 - Remember back to round 2 this year - Hawkins kicked 3 goals and scored 159 SC points. This time he scored less, but it was arguably worth more. He's averaged an insane 140 in his last 3 matches.
In the Twitterverse:
@SoggyE - Heroes: Hale, Dempsey. Villains: Goldsack and Porplyzia (both subbed)
@ClintGuyett - her: Ablett Giles vill: Shaw Lake Carazzo
@TheStossil - Permanent villain is Chris Newman. Having a stinking yr. #tradeerror
@DeaneShane - heroes: Giles and Ablett again, villains: shaw, carazzo and lake again.
@Jamieb3 - Hero: Boomer, Pendles and Deledio Villian: EVERYONE ELSE!
Star of the Week:
Harley Bennell - 193 SuperCoach points
Anyone who out-does Gary Ablett is probably deserving of some sort of accolade.
38 touches and 4 goals against the Demons is as good as it gets, and almost 2012's third double century (Franklin & Cox before him). Make no mistake, the #2 draft pick is a superstar.