Ask me a question on why I picked a certain player. I’d be happy to answer them. Just a couple of thoughts:
- Had a toss up between Shaw and Scotland and thought Scotland’s off field issues might hamper his on field performances. Just like Goddard last year. I’ll look to pick him up later in the year if he does well.
- My late change that everyone was asking me about was Dempsey (IN) and Lake (OUT). Just think with the injuries at the Bulldogs, he’ll be forced to be used as a lock down key backman. The same thing goes with Hargrave. Thus, the reason for picking Dempsey.
- My surprise captain pick is Matthew Boyd. A bit of a risk here. With Griffen’s injury, he will get the tag. But he will also get heaps of the ball. Just hoping he can shake off the tag like he has his whole career.
- Taking another risk on Porplyzia (again), just like a lot of other Supercoaches. Looked good in the NAB Cup, let’s how he does the same when it counts.
- The Bulldogs' Tory Dickson is on my bench for now. I'll trade him out for mature aged rookie Aaron Hall if he isn't named.